In the United States, students and staff are provided with an email address by universities, colleges, and school administrations. To be precise, when students get admitted into educational institutions like college or university, then in return they receive ‘.Edu Email Address’ for free. These emails are in the format of “firstname.lastname@example.org,” and thus, for having an “.edu.” extension, they’re popularly called as .edu email by everyone in the US.
[Note: Edu domain extensions are restricted to only educational institutions and as said, most of the .edu domains are registered by US-based educational institutions only.]
Benefits of Having EDU Email Address
Students who’ve an email account on EDU, will get massive discounts on many useful products such as Apple, HP, Dell, and so on. Along with that, they’re also eligible for getting exceptional discounts on online services like Spotify, Amazon, Dropbox, and rest we’ve mentioned in the given list!
|LastPass Premium||6 Months Free Access|
|Amazon Prime||Free Subscription for Six Months|
|GitHub||GitHub’s Student Developer Pack Accessible for Free|
|Adobe Creative Cloud||Flat Discount Offer of 50%|
|Spotify Premium||Special Student Discounts|
|Autodesk||Access Most of the Software Licenses (including CAD/CAM) for Free|
|iTunes||Student Discounts on iTunes Purchases|
|Google Drive||Unlimited Storage and Additional Tools Access|
|BestBuy||Various Student Discounts|
|Microsoft Office 365||Free with 1TB OneDrive|
After reading what we’ve said-above, you surely have understood the fact that only a US-based student can get a free .edu email for availing all these aforementioned benefits & offers. But, what if I tell you that even if you’re not a student in the US, you can still own a personal Edu email address.
However, if you have no idea of how to get an .edu email for free if you’re not in a US university or college, then worry not! We’ve got you covered. Well, you consider these two discussed ‘free mail creation’ methods for creating ‘Edu Email Address’ in 2021.
Two Popular Methods for Creating EDU Email Address
In order to have an ‘.Edu Email Address’ follow the below-mentioned steps of method 1 which is divided primarily into three parts:
- To begin, open your regular-used web browser on your gadget.
- Then, paste this “https://www.dvc.edu/future/steps/index.html” link in the ‘URL address bar’ of your browser and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- In doing so, you’ll be directed to the ‘Diablo Valley College Website’ and there, what you’ve to do is click on ‘Enroll as a New Student’ Option.
[Note: You can also consider creating ‘Edu Email Address’ with other colleges like Golden West College, Cuesta College, Hartnell College, Anne Arundel Community College and (23 others) Virginia’s Community Colleges.]
- Then, the next “Steps to Enroll for New Students Page” will open in front of you and there, simply tick-mark the ‘Step One: Apply’ box. In continuation, tick the ‘CCCApply’ link also.
- Now, as the website will use ‘CCCApply Portal’ to give you the ‘.edu email’ therefore, if you don’t have the CCCApply account, then you’ve to first sign-up for the same. And, to do so click here.
- There, you’ve to click on the ‘Create an Account’ link.
- In doing so, you’ll navigate onto the next page and there, click on “Begin creating My Account.”
Now for account creation, you need US-based address details (if you’re not a US citizen). So, click on this ‘Fake Address Generator’ link and there, create fake information of California to utilize the same for registration.
[Note: While creating fake information, remember that your age should be under 20-23 only. And, if the name you’ve generated has aged more than that then, make sure to reduce the same during signing-up.]
- After you finish generating your fake details, what next you need to do is fill all the following details one by one into the ‘Personal Information Section’ on the Account Creation application—
- First and Last Name (Choose ‘I don’t have a middle name’)
- Choose ‘None’ for Suffix
- Your Email (It’s better to use own primary email to get all the all the Edu email details)
- Social Security Number
- US Phone number
- Account Information (username, password, and pin)
- Current Address, City-State, and Zip
- Choose some random security questions and select answers for them.
- Now, once you’re done inputting all the details then, as per the last step of CCCApply account creation process, solve the ‘Captcha’ and simply click on “Create My Account.”
- Moving on to the second step, begin by signing in to the OpenCCC account with its username and password.
- Then, you have to select your ‘College/Institution Name’ from the drop-down list and once you select it, click on the ‘Start Application’ button.
- Next, in the ‘Enrollment Information Section,’ enter the following details and hit the ‘Continue’ button—
- Term Applying for: It should be near to the date you are applying.
- Education Goal: Select ‘undecided goal.’
- Intended Major or Program of Study: Select ‘any random major subject.’
- In continuation, click on “My mailing address is the same as the Permanent Address in my OpenCCC Account above.” And, after that hit the ‘Continue’ button again.
- Similarly, multiple questions will be asked that you need to give answers too. For instance—
- Select ‘I attended High School’
- Select ‘Received High School’s Diploma’ from ‘US School’
- Select ‘First Time after leaving High School’
- Select ‘State’ as ‘California’
- Select ‘US Citizen as well as Military Status’ as ‘None’
- Select ‘Guardian Education Level’ as ‘High School Graduate’ & so on.
- Last but not least, check all the text-fields in which you’ve inputted information to tick-mark the ‘Consent’ box.
- Now, as you finish answering the questions and giving consent, click on ‘Submit it’ option for finally submitting your application.
- In this last part of the procedure of creating Edu email address, you’ve to wait for a few business days till you receive an email with the login credentials e., the password and username data of your Edu email account.” And, that’s it! Congratulations, your Edu email address has been created.
In order to have an ‘.Edu Email Address’ within 3 days, follow the below-mentioned steps of method 2:
- First and foremost, you need to connect to ‘US IP’ and to do so you can use one of the best VPNs (no matter whether you use paid or free VPN software) like—
- Download and install any of the above-mentioned VPN onto your respective device.
- Then, launch the same for signing-up on it.
- Next, enable the ‘Kill or Network Lock’ switch of your VPN to connect with an IP server in the US.
- Once you’re done establishing connection, open your web browser and from there, go to this link in order to register for Illinois Central College.
- There, you’ll see different blank fields in which you’ve to input the following (fake) US-based details which you can get in the same way that you’ve used in the method 1—
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Citizenship Status
- After you finish entering the details, click on the ‘Next Step’ button to move further.
- In continuation, you have to further fill the following details—
- Country (USA)
- Address (use Illinois address for better results)
- Primary Phone Number (you can use VOIP numbers from sites like twilio and textnow)
- Email (your own email)
- Again, after filling these details, click on the ‘Next Step’ button to further answer some general security questions in a random manner.
- After this step, move on the ‘Academic Section’ to select the ‘University and the Graduation Year’ that you like. In doing so, remember to not put the gap of more than 1 year between your applying and graduation date.
[Note: Be careful in selecting all the answers because selecting any wrong answers may result in rejection of your application for getting the .edu email.]
- Now, as you’re at the end of the process, select the “I certify …..” box and click on the ‘Submit’ button for submitting your application to get the Edu email of the Illinois Central College. Well, most probably within 3 days, you’ll get the email from the college containing the login credential details of your free edu email address.
However, do not try to sign-in to your Edu email account as soon as you receive the email containing login data of your Edu email account. It is so because the login credentials will take a few hours to be activated. So, in case you try to log-in just after creating the Edu email id, then you will get the pop up message of invalid username and password. Therefore, consider to wait for a while before you make use of your newly created .Edu email to avail all the benefits and offers.