There are many TV applications available in the internet market like Airtel TV, Hotstar, Vodafone Play, etc. But JioTV is not something that aims to offer you similar services to the standard/conventional TV service providers. Introduced by Reliance Company that is known for offering the quality services of telecom and entertainment, Jio TV has become one captivating thing that is now prominent in India.
What is Jio TV?
JioTV is an application that permits “Jio” customers to watch all their favorite TV channels, programs, movies, news, and sports broadcasts on their respective smartphones, tablets, laptops, and Android Smart TVs.
Why Choose the JioTV App?
Jio TV is completely free and what’s more interesting in same is that it will play even on low signals. To say it in another way, you can watch your favorite programs from the package of 650+ channels and that too, without any interruption.
So, with a high-speed internet connection and quality of channels, the Jio TV app stands out as one of the most solid live-TV streaming applications for both Android and iOS devices to let everyone enjoy watching their favorite show or channel at their utmost comfort level.
Well, to enlighten yourself more about the Jio TV app and why you should choose this app, consider reading further, the following few main features of the JioTV Application—
Outstanding Features of Jio TV Application
|24*7 Free to Use App||Browser Top Stories via ‘News’ Tab||Enhanced UI & Easy Navigation to find all Popular & Trending Shows|
|Wide Range of Content Categories||On-Demand Availability of Content||High Definition Quality Streaming|
|Ad-Free Viewing Experience||150+ HD TV channels||Supports more than 16 languages|
|Play and Pause the ‘Live TV’ Channels conveniently.||Instant (30 Second) Rewind or Forward on the Player||Set ‘Reminders’ for your Favorite Shows|
Not only these, Jio TV App also offers content from a wide range of genres in many different languages like English, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada, Marathi and more. In fact, why don’t you yourself have a brief about the different genres and number of channels that Jio TV supports via this table!
|Genre of Available Channels||Name of Channels|
|News||Aaj Tak, NDTV, CNN News18, ABP News, India TV, India Today, Republic Times Now & BBC.|
|Entertainment||Colors, Zee TV, Sony, &TV, Rishtey, Comedy Central & SAB TV.|
|Infotainment||Sony BBC Earth, FYI TV18 Animal Planet, Discovery & History TV.|
|Business||NDTV Profit, CNBC TV18, ET NOW, Zee Business & CNBC Awaaz.|
|Sports||Sony ESPN, JioSports, JioFootball, Sony Six, Neo Sports, Sony Ten 1 & DD Sports.|
|Regional||Colors Bangla, Gemini HD, Sun TV, Colors Marathi, Surya HD, Colors Gujarati, Sony Marathi & Udaya HD.|
|Devotional||Aastha TV, Saadhna, Darshan 24, Sai TV & Sanskar TV.|
|Movies||Sony MAX, &Pictures, Zee Cinema HD, HBO, WB & Sony Pix.|
|Kids||Pogo, Nickelodeon, Sony Yay, Network & Discovery Kids.|
|Music||Sony MIX, ZING, B4U, Zoom, MTV, 9xM & E24.|
[Note: The company has recently signed a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’ with the ‘Education Department of Himachal Pradesh’ under the ‘Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan’ that means students also can study using the JioTV application.]
So, keeping in mind the outstanding features and wide range of channels that the Jio TV application offers if you consider having this app on your respective device (be it Android, Smart TV, or PC) then, what are you waiting for? Let’s just get started with the tutorial on how you can download the Jio TV App.
However, before getting started, you should read out the following technical information of the Jio TV App that we’ve shared in this table to overall have an idea whether your device will be able to support the app or not—
Technical Information of JioTV Application
|App Name:||Jio TV APK|
|App File Size:||14M|
|Supported Versions:||Android OS version 4.4 or higher &iOS version 7.0 or higher.|
|Developer:||Reliance Corporate Lt.|
|Offered By:||Jio Platforms Limited|
|Category:||Movies and Live TV|
|Updated:||3rd February 2021|
|Content Rating||For Everyone|
In addition to the same, before you fully concentrate on the tutorial of how you can have the Jio TV app on your respective device, have a look at the following three-prerequisites that you need to meet in advance and after that you can go with the flow—
- Registered 4G Jio SIM/Your Jio Mobile Number
- High-Speed Internet Access
- Optimized Web Browser
[Note: As Jio TV app is not an inbuilt app on smartphones, television or computer; so you have to download and install it via a separate process for your particular ‘Smartphone, Smart TV or Computer’ device.]
How to Download JioTV App on Smartphone?
Well, no doubt, there are many individuals who don’t have enough time to sit in front of their TV screen at home and wait to watch their favorite TV programs on their respective (odd) timings. Thus, for all those individuals, technology made it possible to let them watch TV on the screen of their smartphones simply after downloading the TV app onto the same; isn’t it amazing! So, if you’re also from those individuals who have a tight-busy schedule and can’t be at home to enjoy watching your favorite show can consider downloading JioTV app on your respective smartphone via these procedures:
Execute These Steps to Download Jio TV APK for Android Devices—
- Step 1: Open ‘Android App Store’ or the ‘Google Play Store’ on your android mobile.
- Step 2: From there, and download the official ‘Jio TV APK file.’ However, remember that you’ll need a Jio account first to download the Jio TV app on your mobile. So, if you don’t have one then, simply you’ve to create one till the time the JioTV Apk file finishes downloading.
- Step 3: After you’re able to successfully download the JioTV APK file on your android mobile, open its ‘Settings’ and navigate to its ‘Security’ option.
- Step 4: From there, tap the ‘Unknown Sources’ toggle switch to enable the same for letting the third-party application being installed easily on your device.
- Step 5: Now, open the downloaded Jio TV APK file from your mobile’s download folder or from the navigation panel.
- Step 6: Once it’s open, tap on the ‘Install’ button of the app to finally start the installation process.
- Step 7: In the end, as the installation process finishes, tap on the JioTV app icon to open it for registering yourself onto the same using your Jio mobile number and email address.
Execute These Steps to Download Jio TV App for iOS Devices (iPhone and iPad)—
- Step 1: Firstly, tap on the ‘App Store’ from your iPhone’s app menu.
- Step 2: Doing so, will open the iPhone app store in front of you, and from the same, you’ve to download the ‘JioTV App for iOS.’ Well, to do so, search for the Jio TV App in the search bar and once you’re able to locate it, tap on the ‘Get’ option.
- Step 3: Now, wait till the Jio TV iOS app finishes downloading onto your mobile and once it’s done, install the JioTV app on your iPhone by following the on-screen instructions correctly.
- Step 4: In the end, you just have to simply log-in to the Jio TV app using the Jio mobile number, email address, and password.
This way, you can download the Jio TV App on your respective mobile device to enjoy watching at any-time and anywhere all your favorite TV shows and Live TV features that this app offers for free.
How to Download JioTV App on Smart TVs?
Nowadays, everyone those who’ve Android Smart TV in their home, they love using the same to watch programs and movies. So, if you also want to watch Jio live TV programs on the big-wide screen of your smart TV to have a theatre-like feel then, you need to install JioTV for your Smart TV through either of the two given methods:
|Method 1||Download & Install Jio TV APK file on your Android Smart TV using Pen Drive|
|Method 2||Download & Install Jio TV APK file on your Android Smart TV using File Explorer|
Execute These Steps for Method 1—
- Step 1: First and foremost, visit the JioTV official website using your regular-used web browser such as Google Chrome on your respective device.
- Step 2: From the website, simply download the “Jio TV File” which is available in APK format for easier download.
- Step 3: Once the download of ‘Jio TV APK File’ finishes, open the same on your device.
- Step 4: After that, you’ve to connect a storage device like “pen Drive” to just copy the downloaded JioTV APK file from your device.
- Step 5: Now, insert the same pen drive on your Smart TV and open its ‘USB Storage Device’ folder to locate the Jio TV APK file.
- Step 6: As you’re able to locate it, click on the same to install it on your Android Smart TV. However, before doing so, make sure you’ve modified the TV settings that help you in easily installing a third-party application on your Android Smart TV. Basically, you’ve to enable the ‘Unknown Source’ option on your TV via navigating from its ‘Settings’ to the ‘Security’ option.
- Step 7: Once you’re done with the above step, your Android Smart TV is completely ready to install any third-party application, so simply you can now install the Jio TV APK onto the same.
- Step 8: Now, wait till the installation of the JioTV APK finishes and then, click on the installed JioTV apk file to open the same on your Smart TV.
- Step 9: In the end, what you’ve to do is register yourself on the JioTV app by entering your Email ID and Password in the required text fields. [Note: Other than this, if you own a Reliance Jio mobile number then, you can use the same for log-in to JioTV App on your Smart TV.]
Execute These Steps for Method 2—
- Step 1: To begin, switch on your Smart TV and firstly download the ‘File Explorer Application’ from its official website.
- Step 2: Then, open the ‘Google Play Store’ on your TV, go to its ‘App Section’ and from there, click on ‘Play Store.’
- Step 3: Once you open the Play Store, use its ‘Search-bar’ option to locate the ‘Jio TV Application.’ Basically, you’ve to type the application name and click on the ‘Search-icon.’
- Step 4: From the search result, click on the ‘Jio TV Application’ icon to open the same, and right after that, click on the ‘Download’ option.
- Step 5: Now, locate the downloaded File Explorer on your Smart TV to open the same and click on its left ‘Menu.’
- Step 6: From the menu list, click on the ‘Network’ option and select the ‘Android TV.’
- Step 7: Doing so will scan the names of Android TV and bring them in front of you. So, from the same list, just select your Android Smart TV name.
- Step 8: Now, the ES file will be installed on your Android TV, and once the same finishes, locate the downloaded JioTV APK on the file explorer’s folder in order to install the Jio TV app via this ES File Explorer.
Well, this is it. You’re now all set to enjoy watching all your favorite channels and Jio live TV on the big wide screen of your Android Smart TV.
How to Download JioTV App on Laptop/PCs?
If you’re in a hostel or some other similar place where you have no access to a Smart TV and at the same time, you don’t prefer to watch TV on the small screen of your smartphone then, let us tell you that if you have your laptop or PC, you can download the Jio TV application onto the same. And, this way you can watch TV on a slighter bigger screen as compared to the screen of your mobile, fair enough? However, if you’re wondering about how you can download the Jio TV app on your laptop or PC then, have a look here at the procedure of the same based on your respective operating system:
Execute These Steps to Download JioTV App on Windows Operating System—
- Step 1: First and foremost, you’ve to open your regular-used web browser on your computer or PC. It can be one of the followings—
- Step 2: Then, using your browser’s search option, find out the “BlueStacks” official website link and click on the same to reach there.
- Step 3: Once you reach the website, click on the green-colored ‘Download’ button to save the BlueStacks installer on your respective device, and during the same process, you’ve to wait patiently because it might take a few minutes to finish downloading.
- Step 4: After that, click on the downloaded file to run the BlueStacks installer.’ Basically, you need to install it on your computer device simply by executing the on-screen available prompts.
- Step 5: Once you’re done, open the installed ‘BlueStacks application’ and move further to learn about how you can use the BlueStacks UI app along with a portion of its highlights using the short guidance that BlueStacks will itself provide on the screen of its main startup.
- Step 6: Now, you’ve to search for the ‘Google Play Store’ app on BlueStacks, and as soon as you’re able to find it, click on the same to open it.
- Step 7: Next, you’ve to sign-in to the Google Play Store app with the login credentials of your Gmail account only.
- Step 8: And, once you’re able to sign-in, enter the ‘JioTV APK’ on Google Play Store’s pursuit bar to open the same.
- Step 9: Now, click on its ‘Download’ button to save the Jio TV app on your downloaded BlueStacks application.
- Step 10: In the end, just follow the on-screen prompts to install the saved or downloaded Jio TV APK file on your respective Windows computer/PC. However, not to forget that you further have to enter your Jio registered number and an OTP to finally open the Jio TV app on the big wide screen of your computer for the purpose of entertaining yourself.
Execute These Steps to Download JioTV App on Mac and Linux Operating Systems—
- Step 1: Firstly, open your Safari browser on your Mac computer.
- Step 2: Now, repeat the steps from No. 2 to 5 of the aforementioned procedure of downloading and installing the JioTV App on Windows PC.
- Step 3: Then, search for the ‘App Store’ app on BlueStacks and open the same.
- Step 4: After that, enter the ‘JioTV App’ on the App Store’s search bar and tap on the same from the search result to open it.
- Step 5: Now, again repeat the step No. 9 and 10 of the same aforementioned procedure, and you’re done. So, with these simple steps, you can download the JioTV App on your respective Mac and Linux device.
Well, that’s it! This is the end of this particular blog. Hope using the above-given guide you can download as well as install the Jio TV application on your particular gadgets be it ‘Android, iPhone, Smart TV, Windows, Mac or Linux PCs’ and enjoy watching all your favorite programs that Jio TV offers across different languages and genres, that too absolutely free.