QuickBooks accounting software has advanced accounting and financial solutions for all sizes of business. But sometimes it gets corrupted and gives QuickBooks Error 15222, which is basically related to its most important feature which is payroll service. Updating new updates released by QuickBooks is necessary to avail the benefits of its new features and improvised existing features. QuickBooks Error 15222 is an error which is encountered, while attempting updates like Essentials, Maintenance Release, Payroll tax tables and Critical Fixes. It indicates an unsuccessful attempt at downloading the payroll update.
Read This Too: Fix Common Error Codes of Outlook pii_email_11fe1b3b7ddac37a081f
Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15222
- Security applications of the system like antivirus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, and firewall applications take the QuickBooks update as a threat and block QuickBooks access to internet connection resulting in QuickBooks Error 15222. It is important to know that there are more chances of this error when antivirus is coupled with antispyware.
- When Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
- When the digital signatures fail to get registered or do not work any longer with Internet Explorer. This is one of the primary reasons behind QuickBooks Error 15222.
Methods of fixing QuickBooks Error 15222
1. First method is Installation of Digital Signature Certificate
- Close the QuickBooks application completely because if left open, the tab of Digital Signature might not be seen.
- Search the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks for Windows’ QBW32.exe’ files
- Right click on the QBW32.exe file and then select properties.
- Click on Digital Signature tab and also ensure to select ‘Intuit, Inc.’ in the signature list.
- Now select the ‘Details’ option.
- As Digital Signature details window is open now, select ‘View Certificates’ option.
- Now click on Install Certificate
- After this click ‘Next’ option. After clicking it, you will get ‘Finish’ option; click on that too.
- Reboot the system and
- Open QuickBooks and Download the Update again.
2. Second method is updating Anti Spyware and Antimalware soft wares
In case Antispyware, Antimalware software is installed in your system, updating the following exceptions is required by including the below-mentioned domains.
3. Third method is checking and verifying settings of Internet Explorer
- The first thing to do is to set the Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Then check whether the system’s date and time is correct and updated
- Next check Cipher strength
- Then the required settings in Internet Explorer can be done by clicking tools and then the ‘Internet Options’
- Delete all temporary internet files by clicking ‘Delete’ in the General Tab
- Then click ‘Connections’ and then check ‘LAN Settings’. Ensure to check TLS 1.2 in ‘Advanced’ tab.
4. Fourth method is switching off network protection applications and Firewall
- Find ‘Start’ option at the bottom left of the screen and click ‘Settings’ option in it
- Then click on ‘Windows Security’ option
- Now click ‘Open Windows Security’ and then option ‘Firewall and Network Protection’.
- Choose Public Network, Domain, and private Network in a sequence.
- Then Switching off the Microsoft Defender Firewall, which contains the network types is required.
Check internet connectivity: Bypassing router
- Disconnect Ethernet cable which is connecting Modem to router
- Now plug Ethernet cable directly into the system, and then restarting the router is required to see whether the system is recognizing the system it is liked to.
5. Fifth method is resolving issues with QuickBooks Desktop
Check whether the subscription is active or not. Resetting of QuickBooks Desktop software update should be done. Start the latest update download by following the steps
- Completely close QuickBooks and all its opened files
- Find start option and then QuickBooks Desktop then right-click on it
- Select ‘Run’ as the administrator option
- Find no company open window
- Click on ‘Help’ option and select ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’
- In ‘Options’ button and select ‘Mark All’ tab and then click on ‘Save’
- Now find ‘Update Now’ button and select ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Then click on ‘Get Updates’ option and check whether you have entered the right payroll service.
- Now find the option ‘Employees’
- Click’ My Payroll’ services
- Click ‘Manage SERVICE KEY’
- Now click the ‘Edit’ option and check service key.
- Click ‘Next’ and then ‘Finish’
- Retrieval software will help in discovering the product key in case you forgot the service key.
6. Sixth method is using QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Download the updated version QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Start installation process
- Close QuickBooks
- Open file and follow on-screen instructions required for proceeding with installation process
- To agree tick mark on terms and conditions.
- After the completion of installation process, double-click the icon to open Tool hub
- You can Click ‘Program’ problems and then click the ‘Quick fix my program’.
- Then open the ‘QuickBooks Desktop’ and then data file
If these above steps do not fix QuickBooks Error 15222, you can connect with the QuickBooks Payroll technical support team for help.