Remembering passwords of all your online accounts can be an uphill struggle. But platforms like Facebook consider this dilemma of users and offer various ways to recover passwords. However, it is not possible to get the same password back, instead, you need to create a new password altogether if you can’t remember the Facebook password.
Whenever you forget your Facebook password or feel the need for resetting it, you can try a number of ways, but using Facebook’s official verification method is the safest of all. Following Facebook’s instruction for recovering an account is something that users can trust blindfoldedly. Using other ways can also help, but they all come up with a slight risk. FYI, to use Facebook official recovery methods, having the recovery information updates is quite necessary; at least have one way to verify your identity, be it recovery phone number or email address, alternate email address, or trusted contacts. Apart from these, there comes the last resort without email and phone number and i.e. your browser settings (only if your browser remembers the password).
Let’s discuss all possible methods of recovery one after another. You can try any of them as per your preferences.
How to Reset Facebook Password?
Method 1: Use Recovery Methods to Retrieve Your Facebook Password.
- Go to the Facebook login page and click on the “Forgotten account” button
- Now, you will be redirected to the page where you will be asked to provide your mobile number or email address that is associated with your Facebook account
- You will get all the recovery options available for your account, you need to pick one to complete the verification process
- Now, you will receive a verification code on the selected option. (Here, we have selected email)
- Enter the code on the next screen
- You will now need to create a new password for your account.
That’s it!! This is the simplest way to find your Facebook account password.
Method 2: Recover FB Account When Recovery Methods Are No longer Accessible
If you don’t have the recovery information updated, or your recovery methods are no longer functional, you need to try the alternative approach using the steps given below:
- Go to the Facebook login page and click on “Forgotten Account”
- Enter the email address or mobile number associated with your account, as we did above.
- Then, on the next screen, you need to select the option “No longer have access to these?”
- Then, enter the password for the email address that you used in Step 2:
- You will receive the code on that email address that you need to provide on the verification screen
- Create a new password for your account and you are done.
Method 3: Contact Your Trusted Contacts to Recover Account
If you have chosen the “trusted contacts” for your Facebook account, you can contact them to recover your Facebook account. To recover your Facebook account through friends, perform the first 5 steps given above and then:
- Click on “Reveal My Trusted Contacts” and enter the full name of your one trusted contacts.
- You will get a set of instructions that includes a special link. This link will be shared with your trusted contacts. It contains a recovery code that only your Trusted Contacts can open.
- Ask them to provide you the code so that you can verify your identity on Facebook and recover your Facebook account.
Method 4: Recover Facebook Password Using the Browser’s Settings:
Want to know how to recover a Facebook password without resetting it? This method will help.
If you want to recover a password that you have used in the current past, your browser may help you with that. It is quite easy to perform the recovery if you have ever used the “remember password” option for your Facebook account. So, to check if your browser has stored your Facebook password on not, follow the steps given below:
Important Note: here we are using Google chrome but the steps are very much similar for all browsers, so just get into the essence and see what you need to do.
- Go to the Settings of your browser.
- Now, select “Passwords” under the “Autofill” menu
3. All the saved passwords will appear in the “Saved password” menu.
Note: This function will only work if you have enabled the “Offer to Save Password” and “Auto sign-in” options.
Bonus: What’s Next?
After resetting your password, you need to turn your focus on revamping Facebook privacy settings. Make sure you strictly manage the privacy of your Facebook account, keep the recovery information updated, and follow FB terms and guidelines to avoid any sort of Facebook login issue.
Also, if you are quite forgetful of passwords, it is advised to save your password using a good password manager.
This article contains every required information regarding recovering your Facebook account, but after recovery maintaining your Facebook account is your own responsibility.
One most notable thing after resetting is removing your active sessions from other devices. This will log-out your Facebook account from all the devices it was previously logged-in. It is the best step to check unauthorized access to your Facebook account. For this, log-in to your Facebook account and then go to Settings>> Security and login>>Where you are logged-in>> Log-out of all sessions
Stay Safe! With these words, I would like to wrap up.