If you’re, you’re intending on buying a wig anytime soon, and you’re presumably wondering how long you can anticipate it to last. I’ve studied this, and here is what I found!
Human hair wigs last six months to a year; if you have a virgin human hair wig, it can last up to 2 years, while synthetic wigs last up to 6 months. If your synthetic wig is heat familiar, it will last up to 4 months. That said, your wig’s lifespan relies on the hair your wig is made from, cap structure, and how you hold the wig.
Keep reading to learn more about the dissimilar types of wigs and how long they are final, as well as what you can do to complete your wig last as lengthy as attainable.
High-quality Human Hair
The 613 closure wig is a high-quality human hair hence cannot knot or relieve. Moreover, the 613 closure wig has a one-year lifetime guarantee if well preserved. All 613 closure wigs are constructed of 100% new natural hair bundles.
Advantages of Human Hair Wigs:
- Peeks and Feels Natural. Human hair wigs are constructed of human hair; hence, they look natural and feel great!
- Tons of Texture Choices. When buying human hair, you have abundant possibilities for determining the surface you want.
- It can be Styled as You Please. Human hair can be dyed, straightened, twisted, and even permed. This allows you total freedom when it comes to styling your hair.
- Stays Longer. If you are examining a wig that will last you prolonged, a human hair wig will be your best choice. 100% Virgin hair has the most extended lifespan and will stay comprehensive than a year. Human hair that has been chemically processed or dyed will still last longer than artificial hair; hence it will still be a perfect buy.
Advantages of Synthetic Wigs:
- Reasonable. Buying a synthetic wig will not command you an arm and a leg, and, though it doesn’t last as long as human hair, you can purchase many different wigs that you can rotate, which will extend their lifespan.
- Time-Friendly: Synthetic wigs preserve their style, which means they are always ready to wear and take close to no time to put them on. No styling or heat tools are needed.
- Funky-Colors. You can be super innovative and spunky with all the extra colors and styles that artificial wigs offer. Synthetic wigs are known in almost every color and style you can think of.
Synthetic wigs, as noted before, will last at the longest, between 4-6 months. Synthetic hair’s lifespan is much quicker than human hair because of what they are made of.
Synthetic wigs are made of many additional types of plastic fibers, which are not as powerful as human hair. In addition, synthetic wigs that are heat-tight will only last up to 3 months.
How to Wash Your Wig Properly
Cleaning your wig frequently is essential for caring for your wig, whether synthetic or human hair. But, like our own hair, wigs also get messy after some time, and if you want to keep it looking and feeling its best, you need to clean it properly.
To wash your wig:
- Detangle your wig using a wide-tooth comb, then fill a basin with cold water and about a cupful of clarifying shampoo.
- Submerge your wig in the shampoo-water mixture and let it soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Dunk your wig in clean, cold water to rinse.
Can You Take a Nap in My Wig?
Sleeping in your wig is not suggested by most wig specialists. This is because the conflict between the cushion and the hair can cause it to split and frizz, mainly if the pad is not made from satin. Over time, this can cause the wig hair to become harmed and frayed. Yet, resting in your wig should be OK if you do it once in a while and don’t wholly practice it.
Is It Safe to Unravel a Wig Every Day?
You can wear your wig every day, but be conscious that doing this will significantly decrease the lifespan of your wig. Also, know that sporting a wig too often can also bring its toll on the health of your scalp and natural hair. If you want to wear wig day-to-day, make sure you take it off in the dark to allow your scalp to breathe.
When purchasing a wig for yourself, you must determine what type of wig cap and hair you prefer. Your choice will ultimately decide how long your wig will last. Every wig cap and kind of hair will vary in price; you might want to expand more on a wig you can wear for longer, or you may want to buy a few more affordable wigs that you can rotate; it is all up. To you!